Friday, June 20, 2014

What do beautiful babies, spa parties, and vintage stacks have in common?

Happy Friday Friends! 

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we have LOVED giving our design team members a chance to post in their own voices.  Posts like these will continue throughout the summer--with AMAZING inspiration and projects that you won't want to miss.  There will also be new paper...new prints...new materials...and chances to win them all!

Continuing in our series of design team features, Britt is here today with not 1--but three FABULOUS projects!!  Be sure to leave a comment at the end for a chance to win these fabulous stacks (3 winners will be chosen).  

Hello! Britt Bass here to bring you an absolute BLAST of inspiration for my favorite grouping of DCWV products – the Vintage Collector collection PLUS the newest addition, The Boutique Vintage Stack!

Most of you have probably seen the beautiful Vintage Collector products at Michaels – and you PROBABLY got some of it to add to your collection.  Well, if you love your Vintage Collector, The Boutique Vintage Stack is an addition you MUST make to your VC collection!
  


I've been really inspired by this stack and how well it works with Vintage Collector that I've just been going to it over and over for projects.
  

I love the slight infusion of red that Boutique Vintage brings to this color scheme.  When I was making my card I decided to do what SO many of my fellow scrapbookers have been doing for so long – I decided to get out my sewing machine and add some zigzags to my card.  I used red thread to attach the background layers and I'm SO happy with how it turned out!


Next, I made a layout using a precious picture of my niece.  She is the daughter of a very special person in my history.  When I was a senior in high school, our family had a foreign exchange student live with us for 9 months and this little girl is my house sister's daughter.  They live in Belgium, but I hope one day I get to see her for myself and give her all the hugs and kisses that I've been sending  - virtually – since she was born.


And lastly, I was really inspired to pull out all of the softer elements in these collections to make this double page tribute to an AWESOME spa party my mom hosted last year.


(I couldn't resist including all the embarrassing 'facial mask' pictures – they're my family, so I get to embarrass them sometimes.  BUT, you notice there are no pictures of ME, don't you!? Hah!)

I love how soft this ended up being.  There is a page of vintage recipes in the Boutique Vintage Stack that I thought cut apart REALLY beautifully, even though they weren't specifically designed to be cut-apart elements.


The other thing I love about DCWV paper – especially the last few years – is how much my electronic die cutting machine LOVES this paper.  I wanted a mixed font title and making it was a snap using my die cutting machine and some of the scraps from other VC projects!


Well, I hope you love Vintage Collector and Boutique Vintage as much as I do.  As you can see, it is pretty versatile considering I used it to scrapbook kids as well as adults.  I even think you could get a nice masculine page out of this collection because it has some nice green and blue patterns all throughout – and MUSTACHES (don't forget the mustaches!).

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Don't forget to come back on Monday for the start of a weeklong DCWV / May Arts / Tombow blog hop – it's going to be awesome!! 

37 comments:

  1. All gorgeous Britt!!! You rocked that stack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! Wonderful Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing brit!! its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to highlight a product - with gorgeous artwork. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt, these are wonderful! Love all the extras you add to your artwork. Great stack, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the spa layout really looks nice. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! You are one of our winners! Please email Meganlloyd(at)DCWV(dot)com with your address! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. What a great layout!! Can't wait to get this stack---so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such amazing projects! I love the card and the layout of your niece is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This stack is so pretty!! You did such amazing things with it. Your projects are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the details in all of your projects, Britt. Your clusters look nice too!
    I'd love to win these stacks so that I could work on some heritage pictures I have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're all adorable, but I love the spa layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love vintage papers! These projects are so sweet. I love to wear out a good stack, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri!
      You are another of our winners for the stacks shown above! Please e-mail Meganlloyd(at)DCWV(dot)com to arrange for the delivery of your stacks!

      Delete
  13. Your 3 projects are beautiful Britt ! Thanks for sharing the inspiration ! Those stacks are really lovely and versatile !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow very beautiful projects, love the new stacks,

    ReplyDelete
  15. your projects are amazing! Love love love that vintage stack!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your projects are fantastic, Britt. And can I just say, you totally rock the wording!!! Really personable and perfect engaging descriptions!!! -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  17. a beautiful stack,and the projects are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFUL stack, layouts and card!!!
    EVERY week is awesome here at DCWV, sounds like it will be extra awesome next week - can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome projects girl!!!! Amazing inspiration :-)
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous projects!
    Love all the layering!
    Love this collection the paper and designs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle!
      You are the last winner for this giveaway! Please be sure to email meganlloyd(at)DCWV(dot)com to claim your stacks!

      Delete
  21. Britt, you never fail to hit it big! I love your projects, all of them, and what you've done with the vintage papers is awesome, girl! Can't wait to see what you do with the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both projects are amazing! I love the new Vintage collection. It's right up my alley. I love how inspiring the 2 page lo is. I love doing 2 page lOs, but sometimes have a hard time picturing them. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, your projects are amazing Britt. I am really taken with the two page spread, though. That's right up my alley as that's what the majority of my layouts are. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just gorgeous creations! Love these collections, such beautiful patterns and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it all Britt......I am going to copy the layouts! smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give you my blessing! thanks so much!

      Delete
  26. These projects are gorgeous!!! I am always inspired when I visit this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The patterned paper is great and outstanding projects.

    ReplyDelete
  28. great projects. I saw that new DCWV pad at Michaels the other week but sadly I didn't put it in my cart - regretting that terribly now!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those projects rock!!! Love IT!!!! What a great collection.

    ReplyDelete