Monday, June 16, 2014

Warming up my day with Bohemian Sunrise


Hi everyone!  It's Karen from ScrappyCanuck Studios!  It's a gloomy, rainy day up here in Calgary, so I decided to bring a little Bohmenian Sunrise into my day. If you haven't had a chance to play with this stack yet (available at Michaels), you are missing out! Bight and warm, both feminine and masculine depending on the pattern, this stack has become one of my "go to"  choices.

This week, we will actually be celebrating a pretty big event in my family.  After twenty five years as a teacher assistant, my mom has decided to retire!  I think she's a bit nervous about the whole thing, but I think it's the beginning of a great new chapter in her life!  I thought it would be fun to create a card that is light and cheerful, and focuses on looking forward to positive changes.



This little card (5 1/2" X 4 1/4") was a breeze to create!  After finding and fussy cutting this great sentiment from the stack, I simply chose some patterns from the stack that seemed to compliment the colours I wanted to feature.  With a bit of foam adhesive to help create some definition and variety in the layers, the card was a breeze to assemble.  Although I think it works well as a retirement card, I think it would also be fun as a summer vacation or holiday card too!



One of the best parts of this stack is the variety of colours.  Instead of the coral, you could work with some of the green papers in the stack, and it would work really well as a more masculine card too.  So many options!



Well, I am off to make some dinner-given the weather, I think some warm soup is in order!  Thanks for stopping by today!


10 comments:

  1. What a great card!! Congrats to your Mom!! Happy Retirement to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card! Love that paper collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love the papers, colors and elements.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card to wish your mother a wonderful retirement Karen!!!
    Yes, it is a hard decision and in many ways you feel like you are using part of your identity but I am sure your family will work hard to make it a wonderful adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, since my Grandmother was from Bohemia, you KNOW I have to have this pretty stack! Lovely card today for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and a great stack, as always! And, if your mom is like mine, she will wonder how she ever found the time to work.

    ReplyDelete